Monday, October 13, 2008

Philosophy/Comparisons/Thoughts/stuff along that line

Ignorance is bliss, because knowledge makes you aware. With awareness, eventually comes understanding. Understanding rapidly progresses into realization, and you realize about what you see, instead of just watching blindly. If at this point you still retain some dim amount of optimism, you see everything retrospectively as a cynic... This is why there are many cynics and few realists. Yet, though intelligence brings so much depression, few of the wise would ever trade it back for the stupidity and ignorance they once had in bliss.
That is an unavoidable truth that I know. That is the conclusion almost everyone who reflects upon life, knowledge, or truth eventually reaches.
But that truth, is just like any other truths.... and the truth is not right, just, and good. However, neither is it wrong, immoral, and evil. It's just... there.
Many writers and philosopher say this. We can see the base and it's reasons, the cause and effects, and even the eventually outcome. We often break it down, bit by bit, to the smallest level. But when doing it, we concentrate on the thing first asked about or the example given. Or we use human notions to color the very purpose of discoloring it at all. But, when concentrating only on the truth itself, the complete impartiality and utter uncaring of what's what, one can see that truth is just an existing concept.
Once you realize that, you may start to realize no concept is a truth at all.
But to rightly fulfill any concept, there must be a matching truth behind all thoughts put into the link connecting personal human thoughts and a somehow consistent concept.

As a child, I was kicked out of several elementry schools, until the county decided to saddle me in a private school filled with idiots. And two-thirds of the school was filled with the border-line clinically retarded, of varying degrees. And the existence of self-control never occurred to these idiots, and I was a smart-mouthed hothead at the time. And nothing pisses me off more than having to put up with extended stupidity. Nine years later, as I was finally transitioning out of that school- which the was more than four times later than I was SUPPOSED TO leave- my parents made the decision to sent me away to a group home filled with slightly smarter idiots who knew of self-control, but seemed to decide it was a waste of their oh-so valuable time.

Evelyn, the youngest daughter of the woman my recently divorced dad is dating, clearly has something ranging in the autistic spectrum. I feel I should tell my predictions for her straight up. After all, I am an usually vocal and intellegent autistic myself, and I feel that my guesses will be right on the money someday. First my predictions reguarding her schooling; I predict she will excell greatly in either art or music. As for the more academic subjects, I'd say it would be a safe bet that she will have a tough time passing math class at all, and most likely won't fair too well in history or english like I did either. Science, however, she might be good at in specialized areas, most likely marine biology or some other animal-related or maybe something botanical. That is a bit of a haphazard guess, but it will most probably beat her other academic subjects at least. I guess I'll just wait about three or four years and see if I hit the mark with these predictions. Either way, I know she is kindred soul in the early stages. Unfortunately, I can see her childhood will be lonely, with few friends. I hope with all my being that those few friends will be TRUE friends... a single one of those is better a swarm anyways.

If you could live forever, it would quickly become a curse for ANYONE. So many people say things like; "I wish I could live forever" or "I wanna to become immortal", but do they even think about how they feel about it? Few do. Most just say it because it has such a popular fantasy. And almost all the rest never think really about it before they voice this desire.
In my personal opinion, life generally sucks. That being said, how could anyone stand to live for so-called eternity? Time would pass, leaving everyone and everything you know would be left behind. Your memories of them would fade... becoming so vague they might have well never been at all.
Would you age? How would you hide your longitivity from the government, the public, the whole human race? Would you just become a hermit, and retreat into a secluded area withno one to talk to and probably- if any- modern techology? What's the point in that?
What would happen if your body were sliced in two? You wouldn't die, so what would you do? And what would happen if your whole body was burnt into ashes? What about when the very Earth is eventually blown up by some man-made disaster?
But how would you know? Have you ever lived for eternity before? Something like that is a depressing thought that should not have to be reflected upon.

If America loses it's grip on being the biggest world power, we're thoroughly screwed. And that is a major concern right now, since China is rising in rank, while we're suffering a major economic crisis. If America's power goes, so will we. Let's face it, nobody else likes us. Hell, a whole breed of midouy, the dust of life, were created in Vietnam when we pulled out. And everyone in charge knew we had basically no chance at winning there. They knew that the soldiers being sent there were like cows to a slaughter. It would have taken a true miracle for anything else to happen. We tried to make our own miracle, though through immorale means- but life isn't fair and just, and hard choices were made. The only just part of life is the part to just try, no matter what. That's why I hate life, by the way.
One of the smarter funds to cut back on is Social Security- at least from a political and and eventually historical view. I, myself, would not survive well, if at all, if that were to happen. But that is the best course of action, if you put aside morals.
Three thousand years from now, assuming a nuclear holocaust or something like that does not occurs, no one will care if we set aside our morals, as long as we survived. When people look back on ancient wars, they see the outcome, not the morals of long-dead people. Hell, the human race isn't even a second in the history of our own planet!
Then again, morals can be seen through the current appalment at recent history, like World War II. Looking at Hitler's base plan from a purely scientific view, it was a great idea. I won't say brilliant, since everyone with any sort of intelligence has had the odd thought of strengthening human genes through selective mating. Humans are sentinent beings, true, but we all agree we're mammals, right? Then there is no way you can deny we are a type of animal. Breeding animals to increase chances of intelligence, physical strengths, and survival has been a practice since Ancient Egypt, and probably far beyond- but the before Egypt is a only a vague amount of knowledge for me. No, I do not codone Hitler's actions when I say this. But, I will say this: if humans continue in this self-destructive manner, similiar measures will eventually be taken so our species can survive.

I live in California's Bay Area (not that that's all that informative, seeing as that makes up something like a sixth of the second biggest state in the USA) so there's a lot of cities that are prime locations for such things. Hell, San Fransico is barely more than two hours away from San Jose- by car! I don't remember ever riding a bullet train before, but just think of how little time that would take! Seriously, there are so many famous cities clumped together that I can't think of in the USA anywhere else that could compete! From Palo Alto, which holds the very best Ivy League University (though Yale constantly challenges them for the title and sometimes comes out on top- at least Harvard is securely in third place), to San Jose, to San Fransico, San Mateo. And the countless other San cities.

I can't count the times my parents have said "Your safety comes first, even before your happiness" when I ask why they did something that ended up with me wanting to die- and often trying. Aside from that very point, I suppose they say that to convince themselves. After all, when I was a child, they sent me to the desert to spend the summer with a pedophile, one my mother knew about from personal experience. Not that they told me about it- no warning at all.
And the entire time, I couldn't figure out why he terrified me. Something about him scared me every single time I saw him, but I didn't know why and would always end up ignoring my fear once he left... because I truly believed it was more impossible than flying turtles that my parents would make me spend my summer vacation with my mother's father if he was dangerous.
I wonder, was it revenge? Was it because they both had hard childhoods because of things they couldn't help, while the only reason mine was tough because something's wrong with my brain? Because it's no one's fault but my own that my life is difficult? Because they worked so hard and did everything they could to make my life a good one but I didn't and was ungrateful and made things worse and worse?

I've been feeling bad about telling people online anything that can be considered insulting recently, which is weird because I was always a very in-your-face, say-what-I-think, just-don't-give-a-damn kind of person before I became a hermit. Although I guess it makes sense in the long run. The beauty of IM is that you can close the window if you don't want to deal with the person anymore, but it goes both ways. If you insult someone, they might leave so it's natural to fear insulting others if you only talk to people online, even if it's not a constant.
It's kind of weird that my social skills are better now than when I was around others.
On second thought, that's not weird at all- I don't have to put up with their BS. It still seems like it should be weird though.

No comments: